Go to the content


Hopeful Namdong-Gu that shares happy life

Go to Contents


About Namdong-Gu


SINCE 1757~

Now ~ 1991
  • November 5, 2018Separated Jangsuseochang-dong and Seochang 2-dong (20-dong)
  • May 20, 2011Separated Nonhyeon 1- and 2-dong and Nonhyeongojan-dong (19-dong)
  • July 20, 2009Newly installed Nonhyeon-dong (18-dong)
  • November 1, 1998Merged 6 dongs to 3 dongs (17-dong)
  • January 1, 1995Changed name to Incheon Metropolitan City (Law No. 4789)
  • January 22, 1994Held the opening ceremony of Namdong-gu Office
  • December 27, 1993Completed construction of Namdong-gu Office
  • December 1, 1993Newly installed Guwol 4-dong and Mansu 6-dong (20-dong)
  • January 1, 1992Newly installed Namdong Industrial Complex Branch
  • August 26, 1991Newly installed Guwol 3-dong, Mansu 5-dong, Namchon-dong (18-dong)
1980 ~ 1990
  • January 1, 1990 Newly installed Ganseok 4-dong (15-dong)
  • January 1, 1981 Promoted to a direct-controlled municipality
  • July 1, 1981 Opened Namdong Branch Office of Nam-gu in Incheon Metropolitan City
  • January 1, 1988 Newly installed Namdong-gu of Incheon Metropolitan City (13-dong) (Presidential Decree No. 12367)
  • May 5, 1988 Promoted to an autonomous district (Revised Local Government Act No. 4004)
  • December 31, 1988 Partially adjusted administrative districts (Guwol 1-dong, Ganseok 1-dong) (Presidential Decree No. 12557)
  • January 1, 1989 Newly installed Namdong-gu Community Health Center pursuant to office reorganization (3 offices)
  • May 15, 1989 Newly installed Mansu 4-dong (14-dong)
1900 ~ 1979
  • January 1, 1968 Incorporated to Nam-gu, Incheon-si (proclaimed the law for district installation in Incheon-si)
  • August 15, 1948 Installed Namdong Branch Office of Incheon-si (announcement of the Local Government Act)
  • August 15, 1945 Renamed from Incheon-bu to Incheon-si according to local government implementation
  • April 1, 1940 Incorporated to Incheon-bu
  • March 1, 1914 Namdong-myeon, Bucheon-gun
~ 1757
  • 1757 Restored to Incheon Dohobu (33rd year of King Yeongjo)
  • 1748 Degraded to Incheon-hyeon (24th year of King Yeongjo)
  • 1460 Promoted to Incheon Dohobu ( 6th year of King Sejo)
  • 1413 Reorganized into Incheon-gun (13th year of King Taejong)
  • 1392 Reorganization from Gyeongwon-bu to Inju (the first year of King Taejo of Joseon)


  • It expresses implementation of the trusted autonomous government that represents the rapid development and growth of the district and the will of Namdong-gu to live up to the creation of a well-off and better society.

    AI DownloadJPG Download


Symbols of Namdong-gu


Wood: Ginkgo biloba

The 800-year-old Ginkgo biloba located in Jangsu-dong symbolizes the district as it represents upright spirit and cleanliness.

Flower: Forsythia Koreana

Forsythia Koreana grows naturally in Namdong-gu. As a species that first signifies the advent of spring, it stands for the pioneering spirit of novelty creation.

Structure : Barn Swallow

The barn swallow, which flies at a speed of 90km an hour, is a propitious bird that signals the arrival of spring. As the representative bird of the district, it expresses rapid development of Namdong-gu.

Animal: Dolphin

A dolphin is an intelligent animal that can become easily familiar with humans. The dolphin symbolizes the competence of Namdong-gu.
Guwol-dong forms a hill as the range of Juanbong Peak of Mt. Soraesan stretches toward the south. Guwol-dong is also the current location of the City Hall. Since it is shaped like a turtle, it is called ‘Gusan.’ The hill of the town, which curves like a half moon, was named ‘Guwol-ri’ after ‘Gu’ from Gusan and ‘Wol (which means a half-moon in Chinese character)’ from the half-moon.
Guwol-dong was originally a place where there were natural highs and lows such as 'Big Guwol' and 'Small Guwol.' Guwol-dong’s name was derived from nature and in the 1980s, Guwol 2-dong was newly established. Later on, with the development of housing sites and the construction of large-scale apartments, Guwol 3-dong was created in 1991 and Guwol 4-dong in 1993.
Guwol-dong used to have natural communities such as ‘Big Guwol’ and ‘Small Guwol.’ With the names of these natural communities, they became collectively known as Guwol-dong, while Guwol 2-dong was newly established in the 1980s. Then, with the development of housing sites and construction of large-scale apartments, new administrative areas were established such as Guwol 3-dong in 1991 and Guwol 4-dong in 1993.
In the past, there were natural communities in Guwol-dong like Seongmal that used to belong to Juan-myeon of Incheon bu, Guwolmal, Mot Winmal, Jeonjaeul, Benggol, Jumeok Street, Dokjeong Village, etc.
Ganseok-dong was originally Seokbawi and Seombal Village of Juan-myeon in Incheon-bu. These were divided into Seokam-ri and Gancheon-ri when Incheon-bu expanded its administrative areas (Dong and Ri) in 1903. Upon merger of administrative areas in 1914, Gancheon-ri, Saemal, Beolteo, Sireunjae, Seokcheon, Soepari, Pulmugol, and Samgeori, Giwa-jipmal were integrated and it was named Ganseok-ri, taking the name from Gancheon and Seokcheon. It was then incorporated into Daju-myeon of Bucheon-gun and renamed to Ganseok-ri.
Once incorporated into Muhak-myeon in 1936, it became Ganseok-dong in Nam-gu after implementation of the district system in 1968; it was then promoted to Incheon Metropolitan City in 1981.
In Korean language, a place where one side of the ground protrudes is called Got (cape in English). Jangsangot Cape is one of the representative capes in Korea. Jangsangot Cape extends from Hwanghaedo Island to the West Sea.
Before the establishment of Namdong Industrial Complex, Gojan-dong in Namdong-gu used to be a ‘Got’ that extended from Hogupo, where the Nonhyeon Fortress is located in the current Namchon-dong, to the area where the driver's license test center is located.
The place where the former Hanwha Factory was located is called Gojan-dong. Aside from Gojan-dong in Namdong-gu, there is another Gojan-dong in Ansan-si. It even uses the same Chinese characters.
The terrain on which the land lies in peninsularity toward the sea is called Got. The village inside the Got became “Got-an” and it was later changed to “Gojan.” Gojan means the village inside Got (cape).
Gojan is the southernmost coastal area of Incheon. It was called Gojan-ri in Jodong-myeon of Incheon-bu until the new installation of Bucheon-gun on March 1, 1914. However, when Namchon-myeon and Jodong-myeon were integrated to Namdong-myeon on April 1 of the same year, it became Gojan-ri of Namdong-myeon in Bucheon-gun by combining Goyanmal, Dorumul, and Galmae. Then, it became Gojan-dong on January 1, 1947.
There are different views about the origin of the name Nonhyeon. Some believed that it originated when the adults gathered at the village’s vacant lot to discuss the major events of the neighborhood when there were important events in the village. Some said that it became Nonhyeon because there were rice paddies on the hill and Nonhyeon means rice paddy hill in Chinese characters. Some also believed that the name came about as Nonhyeon indicated a hill where the envoys parted with their families before they departed from the fishing port to China in the past.
Nonhyeon-dong was originally Nonhyeon-ri in Namdong-myeon of Incheon-bu, consisting of Nongogae Village and Morae Village.
When Bucheon-gun was newly installed on March 1, 1914 and Namchon-myeon and Jodong-myeon were integrated to Namdong-myeon on April 1 of the same year, it became Nonhyeon-ri of Namdong-myeon in Bucheon-gun by combining Sariul, Baekhoppuri, and Seodanggol. Then, it became Nonhyeon-dong.
Dorim-dong is a name derived from what has been called “Peach Valley” since there were many peach trees in the past. The area of Dorim-ri, Obong-ri in Namchon-myeon of Incheon-bu was called Dorimi, Dorim, or Dosan. When Bucheon-gun was newly installed and administrative areas were reorganized on March 1, 1914, Sugol and Deokgol were integrated to Dosan-ri and then it was incorporated to Namdong-myeon of Bucheon-gun. After its incorporation to Incheon-bu again on April 1, 1940, it was called ‘Sindosanjeong’ during the Japanese colonial era and then became Dorim-dong on January 1, 1946.
On April 18, 1977, Susan-dong was integrated according to Municipal Ordinance No. 1075 and it was incorporated into Namdong-gu upon its establishment on January 1, 1988.
Namchon-dong that was in Seonhak-dong of Nam-gu was integrated pursuant to Presidential Decree No. 12367, but Namchon-dong was separated again on August 21, 1991 due to the expansion of Namchon-dong’s scale.
A long time ago, Incheon was known as a place where one can live a long life. According to the Annals of the Joseon Dynasty (1st year of King Hyeonjong’s reign), a 100-year-old man lived in Incheon. Given that the average age at that time was around 40 years old, his age was twice as much as the average person’s lifespan.
The Mansu-dong and Jangsu-dong regions are especially famous for longevity. That is the reason why Mansu-dong has the Chinese character ‘Su’ that represents longevity and it was named ‘Mansu-dong.’
In the past, Saemal, Guryonggol, Sanminmal, Dambaengimal, Jangseungbaegi, Saegol, Birigogae, Dolgol, and Soepan were part of Mansu-dong.
In Mansu-dong, suburban agriculture was practiced even 20 years ago and after the urbanization in 1970, it was developed even more significantly.
During the Joseon Era, grains collected from farming villages were stored in nearby warehouses and transported to the capital Hanyang when the government needed then. The people living in Namchon-myeon and Jodong-myeon of Incheon had to go to Bukchang or Dongchang, which were about 7.8km away, to pay for grain tax (Segok) after harvest.
However, the road leading to the payment center of grain tax was so rough that it was a huge inconvenience. The people asked the government to build a warehouse nearby to address such inconvenience; thus, a new warehouse (Seochang) was built in response to this request.
In another story, a port was created at Seochang as the seawater from the West Sea reached this area. The residents named it ‘Seochang’ which implied wishing for prosperity in the West Sea.
Likewise, there are two different stories related to the origins of the name Seochang; however, its administrative name today is Seochang-dong. Seochang-dong originally included the areas such as Sullae-ri, Golchon-ri, and Dokgok-ri in Incheon-bu but with the merger of the administrative areas in 1914, it became ‘Seochang-ri’ by combining Dogol, Geoljae, Janggul and Seolnae Village. Later, it was incorporated to Namdong-myeon of Bucheon-gun.
In January 1, 1946, it became Seochang-dong. Today, Seochang-dong has two separate districts of Jangsuseochang-dong and Seochang 2-dong due to population increases with the development of the Seochang 2-dong area.
Susan-dong is a village surrounded by mountains and was called Susan-ri in the past, meaning a place where people could live for a long time.
Originally, it was the area of Bal-ri and Gyeongsin-ri of Namchon-myeon in Incheon Dohobu. Because there was a mountain shaped like an alms bowl, it was also called Barimi, Baraeti, Baraeteo, Baryeot, Baeryeot, Balsan, or Balchon.
On March 1, 1914, when Bucheon-Gun was newly established and the administrative district was reorganized, it was called Balsan-ri by merging Anugul, Hwanggul, Chan-umul, and Gyeongsin. It was called ‘Sujeong’ in Japanese style for a while after its re-incorporation on April 1, 1940. In accordance with the Dong name change promoted on January 1, 1946, it became Susan-dong.
The meaning of Unyeon is from Eumsil, which can be interpreted either ‘a house with sound’ or ‘a house located as high as a cloud.’ Eventually, it was named after the words ‘Un’ of clouds and ‘Yeon’ of a deep pond and big mountain in Chinese characters.
Unyeon-dong was originally the area of Umsil and Yeolrakgol of Jodong-myeon in Incheon-bu but it was divided into Sangum-ri, Hahum-ri, and Yeolrak-ri when Incheon-bu finalized the areas of its jurisdiction on August 1903.
It became Yeonak-ri in 1906 and then incorporated to Bucheon-gun upon the new installation of Bucheon-gun on March 1, 1914. Later, it was incorporated to Namdong-myeon, which integrated Namchon-myeon and Jodong-myeon on April 1, 1914 and changed to Unyeon-ri on November 20, 1914.
As it was incorporated again into Incheon-bu on April 1, 1940, it became ‘Unyeonjeong’ and then Unyeon-dong on January 1, 1946.
Jangsu-dong is the area that includes Jangja-ri, Manui-ri, and Suwol-ri of Jodong-myeon. As Bucheon-gun was newly installed on March 1, 1914, it became Jangsu-ri which belonged to Namdong-myeon. Jangsu-ri was named after ‘Jang’ of Jangja-ri and ‘Su’ of Suwol-ri. It was incorporated to Incheon-bu again on April 1, 1940 and became known as Jangsujeong. Then, on January 1, 1946, it became Jangsu-dong.
Since Jiangsu-dong is surrounded by Mt. Geomasan and Mt. Gwanmosan, over 60% of the land is mountainous. Together with Mansu-dong, it is known as the area of longevity.
In accordance with the Dong administration system in 1968, it became Jangsu-dong of Nam-gu in Incheon-si. With the new installation of Namdong-Gu on January 1, 1988, it was incorporated with Namdong-Gu, and finally became Jangsu-dong of Namdong-Gu in Incheon Metropolitan City.

Local characteristics

  • Industrial city where Namdong Industrial Complex is located
  • Center of administration, education, culture, finance, and economy
  • Strategic point of traffic and logistics
  • Eco-friendly residential city in harmony with nature

General information (as of September 30, 2020)


57.0km² [5.4% of Incheon]
Green belt (28.5km², 50%), housing (16.1km², 28.3%), industry (10.3km², 18.1%), commerce (2.0km², 3.5%), other (0.1km², 0.1%)

  • 50%Green belt(28.5㎢)
  • 28.3%housing(16.1㎢)
  • 18.1%industry(10.3㎢)
  • 3.5%commerce(2.0㎢)
  • 0.1%other(0.1㎢)


  • Population : 539,529 people (269,925 men; 269,604 women)
    • 269,925

    • 269,604

  • Registered residents: 527,515 people from 224,685 households (262,068 men; 265,447 women)
  • Registered foreigners: 12,014 people (7,857 men; 4,157 women)

Administrative organization

  • Administrative area: 3,775-ban, 879-tong, 20-dong
  • Organization: 6 bureaus, 2 offices, 1 special office, 34 divisions, 1 executive office, 1 direct institution, 1 branch offices, 20-dong
  • Official: 1,260 people


  • Recipients of National Basic Livelihood Security: 27,686 people from 19,089 households
  • Beneficiary of medical aid: 19,559 people from 13,392 households
  • Persons with disability (registered): 26,359 people
  • Beneficiary of basic pension: 50,392 people
  • North Korean defector: 2,048 people
  • Koreans that returned from Sakhalin: 383 people
  • Immigrant by multicultural marriage: 3,955 people (as of November 2018)


  • Open road: 484.4km
  • Sewerage line : 951km
  • Rivers: 6 locations (4 class II local rivers, 2 small rivers)
  • Park: 173 parks (7.20km²)
    • 152 constructed parks for 6.66 km² / 21 unconstructed parks for 0.54 km²
  • Green belt: 215 areas (0.80 km²)
    • 204 constructed areas for 0.76 km² / 11 unconstructed areas for 0.04 km²
  • Housing: 203,465 households (excluding other households)
    • Apartment: 128,191 households / House: 4,047 households / Townhouse: 3,121 households / Multi-household abode: 21,905 households / Multiplex house: 46,201 households

Major facilities

  • Related institution: 29 institutions
  • Disaster preparedness facility: 10 sites (3 drainage pump stations, 7 water gates)
  • Cultural assets: 8 sites
  • Public sports facility: 75 sites (9 sports square, 18 parks, 7 indoor facilities, 2 national archery centers, 39 villages)
  • Cultural Infrastructure: 70 locations
    • 1 culture and arts center, 1 Soehae Art Hall, 1 history museum, 2 museums (private)
    • 1 culture center, 2 district libraries, 4 municipal libraries, 58 small libraries (4 public, 54 private)
  • Daycare facility: 339 sites (45 national and public facilities, 129 private facilities, 153 home daycare centers, 2 corporate facilities, 1 other facilities aside from corporate, and 9 workplace daycare centers)
  • Social welfare facility: 614 sites
    • 4 comprehensive social welfare centers, 5 social welfare facilities, 63 family welfare facilities
    • 518 elderly welfare facilities, 22 welfare institutes for the disabled, 1 multicultural facility, 1 North Korea defectors’ center
  • Social Economy facility: 158 facilities (45 social enterprises, 9 town enterprises, 104 cooperatives)
  • Educational institution: 158 institutions (76 kindergartens, 39 elementary schools, 22 middle schools, 16 high schools, 2 special educational facilities, 2 other facilities)
  • Factory: 7,810 factories (7,217 in Namdong Industrial Complex, 593 in other areas)
  • Distribution facility: 10,045 facilities
  • Market and large-scale store: 18 sites (7 traditional markets, 11 large-scale stores)
  • Agriculture, stockbreeding, and fisheries: 1,681 agricultural households (687ha), 18 stockbreeding households (6,406 livestock), and 221 fishing households (170 ships)
  • Pharmaceutical business: 2,113 sites (872 medical institutions, 1,241 pharmaceutical sales)
  • Sanitary facility: 13,013 locations (10,749 food hygiene related businesses, 2,264 public health and hygiene product manufacturing businesses)

Revenue and expenditure budget (based on the second revised supplementary budget in 2020)

A total amount of KRW 1139.4 billion

  • General accounting
    KRW 938.5 billion (82.36%)
  • Special accounting
    KRW 31.0 billion (2.72%)
  • Funds
    KRW 169.9 billion (14.91%)

※ Financial independence: 19.61 % (27.37 before implementation of reforms)

  • Representative number
    (032) 466-3811 ~ 20
  • Duty room
    (032) 453-2222
  • FAX
    (032) 464-6275
633, Sorae-ro, Namdong-gu, Incheon Metropolitan City (Mansu-dong)

Culture and Sightseeing

Incheon Soraepogu Festival

A mysterious natural port, the only traditional fishing port in the metropolitan area

Incheon Soraepogu Festival is one of the representative cultural tourism festivals created for tourists visiting Soraepogu. Soraepogu is a sightseeing spot surrounded by heaven-blessed nature of the metropolitan area, where small boats and sunset create a magnificent view.
Soraepogu is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the Seoul metropolitan area visited by seven million tourists a year. In this place, people can experience and taste various fresh seafood including shrimps, crabs, and salted fish. The Sorae Marsh Ecological Park, which is known for solar salt, is located near Soraepogu. The salt field in the park is preserved so it is considered as a repository with well-preserved marine ecosystem.

  • Location: Entire area of Haoreum Park in Nonhyeon-dong, Namdong-gu, Incheon
  • Period: The whole month of October
  • photo1
  • photo2
  • photo3
  • photo4


  • 꽃게랑Crab
  • 새우랑Shrimp

The costume of the characters symbolizes the friendly and energetic people and residents of Soraepogu. Also, the blue and green costumes represent the blue sky and fresh nature of the port while the pink and purple costumes symbolize the warmhearted people of Soraepogu. The muffler wrapped around the neck symbolizes the joy of the festival, while the apron denotes the visitors participating in the festival.


Full of memories and romance

Soraepogu is more accessible with the opening of the subway’s Suin Line. As the sole natural fishing port in the metropolitan area, Soraepogu always represents romance and memories through time. Enjoy fresh seafood and a variety of salted fish at Incheon Soraepogu Festival that is held every month of October.

  • Location: Entire area of 2-9, Pogu-ro, Namdong-gu, Incheon Metropolitan City
  • photo1
  • photo2
  • photo3
  • photo4

Sorae History Museum

History of the living

The Sorae History Museum contains the history and culture of Sorae, which is being forgotten due to urbanization and rapid development of new cities. It vividly shows the history of the people living in Sorae.

  • Location: 1605, Aam-daero , Namdong-gu, Incheon Metropolitan City
  • photo1
  • photo2
  • photo3
  • photo4

Sorae Marsh Ecological Park

Mudflat experience
in the city center at Sorae Marsh

At the Sorae Marsh Ecological Park, you can fully experience being in a wetland in the middle of the city. Since it is located at the old Sorae salt field, various salt plants such as Suaeda glauca (Bunge) Bunge, Suaeda japonica, Salicornia europaea, etc. are widely distributed. Also, the open walking trail with reeds and windmill creates magnificent view.
Visitors can experience and observe the ecology and marine culture of the 8,000 year-old natural mudflat at the ecological exhibition hall and nature learning center. These were made by renovating the salt warehouse. Salt production and mudflat experience are also available here.

  • Location: 77, 154-beongil, Sorae-ro, Namdong-gu, Incheon Metropolitan City
  • photo1
  • photo2
  • photo3
  • photo4

Incheon Grand Park

Good for walking all year round

Incheon Grand Park is a large natural green park surrounded by Mt. Gwanmosan and Mt. Sangsan.
It is a forest within a city which is full of cherry blossoms in spring, roses in early summer, and colorful fallen leaves in autumn. There are various convenient facilities such as children’s zoo, forest library, four-seasons sledding, bicycle tour, etc.

  • Location: 236, Munemi-ro, Namdong-gu, Incheon Metropolitan City
  • photo1
  • photo2
  • photo3
  • photo4

Neulsolgil Park

From cypress forests to sheep ranch

Neulsolgil Park is one of the representative tourist attractions in Namdong-gu. A variety of things may be seen and enjoyed at this park including the barrier-free trail that features a forest bath, sheep ranch with cute sheep, forest playground, and the Hanwha Historical Museum where the history and development of gunpowder can be seen in one view.

  • Location: 738-8, Nonhyeon-dong, Namdong-gu, Incheon Metropolitan City
  • photo1
  • photo2
  • photo3
  • photo4

Namdong Industrial Complex


  • 40km from Seoul, southwest of Incheon. Entire area of Nonhyeon-dong, Namchon-dong, and Gojan-dong in Namdong-gu, Incheon Metropolitan City

Purpose of establishment:

  • To provide a place for relocation of small and medium-sized enterprises to the metropolitan area
  • To contribute to the maintenance and industrial relocation in the metropolitan area

Basic management direction

  • Encourage structural advancement of business types by upgrading the structure of the industrial complex.
  • Create innovations and reinforce competitiveness of the tenant businesses through construction of innovation cluster.
  • Create a pleasant environment by attracting environment-friendly industrial facilities.
  • Focus on factory automation and employee welfare support to improve productivity.
  • Promote industrial development through rational factory layout and efficient use management.
  • Expand information infrastructure and industrial integrated infrastructure in the complex.


  • July 2, 1980 Confirmed the creation plan by the Standing Committee of the Special Committee for National Security Measures
  • July 11, 1984 Notified the Seoul metropolitan area of readjustment in the plan (Namdong Complex → designated as development area)
  • February 9, 1985 Approved the construction and execution plan in accordance with Article 24 of the Urban Planning Act (Ministry of Construction)
  • April 20, 1985 Started Stage 1 construction
  • December 29, 1989 Completed the Stage 1 construction of Namdong Industrial Complex (Notification of Incheon-si No. 294)
  • June 30, 1992 Completed the Stage 2 construction of Namdong Industrial Complex
  • February 28, 1997 Completed the Stage 3 construction of Namdong Industrial Complex
  • June 24, 2009 Changed the basic management plan of Namdong Industrial Complex (Notification of the Ministry of Knowledge Economy No. 2009-124)
  • December 2009 Designated as a model complex for structural advancement (The Ministry of Knowledge Economy )
  • November 4, 2010 Approved the structure advancement plan for Namdong Industrial Complex (Stage 1)

Scale of the complex

(Unit: 3,305.8m2 (thousand pyeong in Korean))

Scale of the complex
Total area Industrial facility Support facility Public facility Green zone
9,574(2,896) 5,913(1,788) 277(84) 2,991(905) 393(119)

Status of occupancy

(Unit: company, (%))

Status of occupancy
Classification Business Construction:
closed down
Subtotal Machinery Electronics Petrochemistry Wood Paper Transportation
  • Tenants (6,681): 11 businesses with more than 300 employees; 272 with 50-300 employees; 6,398 with less than 50 employees

Status summary

  • A total of 6,906 tenant businesses in the Namdong Industrial Complex as of January 2019
    * There are 4,710 renters, accounting for 68.2% of all tenant companies.
  • Production as of January 2019 was KRW 2.5463 trillion (6.3% increase compared to the previous month, 16.5% increase compared to the same month last year)
  • Export as of January 2019 was USD 425 million (1.8% increase compared to the previous month, 37.4% increase compared to the same month last year).
  • Employment as of January 2019 was 102,191 people (0.3% decrease compared to the previous month, 2.8% decrease compared to the same month last year).